Tuesday, October 19, 2010

COMPARING TWITTER WITH BLACKBOARD DISCUSSION

There is not much room to work with in Twitter. One is allowed to enter a maximum of 140 characters which is usually not enough unless you're writing a simple "hello" or you're writing to know the time and place of an event. And for that reason, it forces one to get creative with words. It's hard to keep to the 140 characters and still write your message effectively. However abbreviating words can do the trick if understood by most folks. For instance : I wil c u 2moro is I will see you tomorrow. So in a nutshell, one has to get creative in order to use a maximum of 140 characters to convey a message.

Blackboard on the otherhand, gives room for freedom. You are allowed to write as much as you want and is more intimate in terms of your article being available to only your classmates as opposed to twitter that is open to the public.

I think I prefer blackboard only because I have the freedom to write as much as I want to with no limitations, and can write in a way that all students understand and appreciate my writing and subject. Twitter has a lot of limitations and thus forces one to be creative in writing a message. The problem is not everyone can handle the limitations of Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment